Measure Your Ideal Weight Based On Height
Obesity is a chronic disease not just a cosmetic concern. It can cause many other diseases such as: diabetes, high blood pressure, dyspnea, osteoarthritis, etc..
It means accumulation of fats in the body. It may lead to many psychological problems and depression. Obesity is differ from being overweight because obesity is considered a disease.
If you don’t know you are obese or overweighted I will tell you a simple equation to measure your body mass index BMI.
BMI= weight in kilograms ÷ (height x height) in metre square.
30 and higher
1- Genetic causes.
2- Behavioral causes.
3- Hormonal imbalance.
4- Metabolic problems.
The most important factors that cause obesity and weight gain:
- The influence of the family and the surroundings
1- Genetic cause: Inherited genes affect the amount of fat your body stores and the areas in your body that fats are stored in.
2- Nutritional habits: If you look at families in which all family members are obese, we find that their food habits are unhealthy, and they depend on soft drinks constantly, as well as mainly sweets, canned and fast food.
3- Physical activity: as we find that those who suffer from obesity do not engage in sports or any physical activity.
4- The motivational effect of your surroundings when you follow a diet: This helps you to complete what you began and on other hand if they mock what you do, you will feel frustrated.
- Taking drugs that contain cortisone
Obesity may be a result of another chronic disease, and some diseases such as: arthritis lead to lack of movement, which causes an increase in weight gain, and also taking some types of drugs leads to weight gain, such as: medicines containing cortisone, antidepressant and diabetes medication.
The hormonal imbalance that occurs during pregnancy causes weight gain, and some women have a problem getting rid of that extra weight after parturition, but breastfeeding and frequent drinking water is the best solution; Breastfeeding greatly speeds up burning.
- Sleep problems
Lack of sleep, irregular sleep, interrupted sleep, sleeping and waking up late, or sleeping all the day and waking up at night all cause an imbalance in cortisol hormone. Which makes it more difficult to lose weight.
- Tension and stress
Tension and stress cause an imbalance in cortisol hormone. When we feel sad we can't commit to a diet, as we find that some people, once they feel sad and anxious, they never stop eating, which leads to weight gain.
- Microbes or gut beneficial bacteria
When these beneficial bacteria are affected, it becomes difficult to lose weight or contribute to weight gain, and these bacteria can be enhanced by eating certain types of foods such as yogurt.
- Yo Yo dieting
Sticking to several types of diet makes it difficult to lose weight.
What are the complications of obesity?
Weight gain causes a load on the bones and all internal organs. And then you find it difficult to lead a normal life, the inability to move well and feel fatigue from any effort. The accumulation of fat in the body leads to inflammation, and this leads to cancer.
Obesity causes many diseases such as:
- Heart disease.
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Inflammation of the bones and joints.
- High blood cholesterol levels.
- Insomnia and dyspnea.
- Infertility and Impotence.
- Back pain.
And cause some psychological problems such as:
- Social Isolation and lower work achievement.
- Shame and guilt.
7 Ways to help to release weight:
- Eat a healthy diet and stop eating junk food.
- Increase the intake of vegetables and fruits. Reduce the intake of carbohydrates and fats.
- Doing physical activities and sports.
- Get a personal body weight scale and follow up any increase in weight.
- In some cases, surgeries can be the solution, such as: sleeve gastrectomy and body sculpting.
- Take medications that help lose weight and increase the feeling of satiety.
- Using the slimming belt that makes several involuntary muscle contractions at a rate of 500-900 times per minute, increases sweating and detoxifies the body; Therefore, it is advised to drink water while wearing it to compensate for the water loss.
Monkeypox Virus symptoms, transmission, treatmentAugust 02, 2022
Treatment Of Urinary Incontinence In ChildrenJuly 13, 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول المطلوبة محددة *