The best treatment for cholesterol and triglycerides
You may have heard about cholesterol from a doctor in the famous sentence (the patient suffers from high cholesterol). But you do not know what cholesterol is and whether it is beneficial or harmful.
What are the types of cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a fatty substance produced by the body, and the body draws it from food too.
It is three types;
- Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol: This is often called "bad" cholesterol.
- High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol: This is called the "good" cholesterol.
- Very low-density lipoproteins (VLDL):
- They are molecules in the blood that carry triglycerides
Causes of high cholesterol and triglycerides in the body:
High cholesterol in the blood causes many health problems and complications, most notably the increased chances of heart attacks, strokes.
Many reasons may cause high cholesterol and triglycerides in the body, including:
- Excessive increase in body weight.
- Not exercising regularly.
- Soft drinks and alcohol.
- Fatty foods.
- Too much sugar.
- Continuously high blood pressure.
- Genetic factor.
Fruit that eliminates cholesterol:
Some are afraid of taking medicines and medical materials such as antibiotics because of their side effects, so we show you the best treatment for cholesterol and triglycerides without side effects; They are natural fruits.
- Citrus fruits like grapefruit, pomegranate, pineapple, peaches, etc.
Here are some drinks that reduce cholesterol in the blood and contribute as the best treatment for cholesterol and triglycerides:
- Green tea:
Drinking green tea every day maintains the proper level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Citrus fruit juices:
Such as raspberry, apple, and pineapple juice, because citrus fruits contain proteins and vitamins that are very useful for the body.
- Soy milk:
Soybeans, low in saturated fat, may help reduce or control cholesterol levels.
- Tomato juice:
Tomatoes are rich in a compound called lycopene, which may improve HDL levels and reduce bad LDL cholesterol.
- Cocoa drinks:
Cocoa contains antioxidants called flavanols that contribute to increasing levels of good HDL cholesterol and reducing levels of bad LDL cholesterol in the blood.
Forbidden eating for cholesterol patients:
Cholesterol is found in animal products such as:
- Fried foods.
- Prepared foods.
- Processed meats such as luncheon meat and burgers.
- Organ meats, such as kidneys and liver.
Healthy breakfast for cholesterol patients:
Healthy food could be the best treatment for cholesterol and triglycerides
here are some examples of breakfast:
- Muffin cake with fruits and yogurt.
- Feta cheese with olive oil.
- Fruits: such as strawberries, grapes, apples, and oranges.
- Oats with apples, pears, berries, or strawberries.
- Egg whites: The egg whites are cholesterol-free, unlike the yolks, which contain a large proportion of cholesterol.
- Smoked salmon: It is also a source of omega-3, which is beneficial for heart health.
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021